Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Girls High School Basketball score 108-3

Don't we hear of score every year in high school basketball weather it be boys or girls that that one team scores triple digits and the other one scores single digits and people all across America are appalled? Should any kid have to endure a loss like that? No! When I was 9 years old I was on a baseball team that won a game 32-3,....after 4 innings. There was a ten run rule that kept us from beating the poor kids 64-6. I think a forty point rule would be a good rule for high school basketball. If a team is up by more than forty points at half time or anytime after half time the game is over. I would be willing to bet that teams down by more than forty points at half time or in the second half have a below 1% chance of coming back based up on a sample of all high school basketball games ever played. This would save the kids the embarrassment of first getting beat so bad and then the national media making a big deal about it. We can't always depend on the adults to do the right thing I think the rule will make sure the right thing is done.

http://www.abc4.com/sports/story/108-3-Did-Christian-Heritage-do-the-right-thing/E6Hn3BvtFkiz8Ce1zYErwQ.cspx

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely NO EXCUSE for a team running up this kind of score in any sporting event...PERIOD!! I am all for "Mercy Rules", as I have seen first hand how they can save people a lot of grief/embarrassment. In 6-Man football in Texas, there is a 45 point mercy rule which kicks in at halftime,or any point thereafter, when a team goes up by 45 points or more. I'm sure every high school basketball player in the country would love to be on a team that hangs 100 on an opponent, as that is a rarity, but I would argue that if you interviewed every young lady on this team, in retrospect, they probably did not receive near the gratification for posting 100 points as they thought they might have. Shame on the Coach. And all I have to say is, what goes around, comes around, and Coach, I hope you get yours someday.

    ReplyDelete